Keep safe, be entertained, and add convenience to your everyday life with these wearable technology gadgets.
9 Unique Wearable Technology Gadgets
Wearable Technology Definition: Smart electronic devices that are integrated into clothing or worn as accessories.
1. Apple Watch Series 3
The Apple Watch Series 3 is a lifesaver because it keeps you posted on your health status. Here are some of its functions that can literally save your life:
- This smartwatch can monitor the user’s heart rate and give warnings for anomalies in heart rate.
- It also has an Emergency SOS function to allow you to call for help immediately should the need arise.
You can also use the watch as a tool to reach your fitness goals.
The device can track many different workouts such as cycling, yoga, and swimming. It can also play music to get you in the right mood to exercise by playing your favorite songs.
Finally, the watch can help you stay connected and not miss calls by giving you notifications or allowing you to take calls.
2. Coros Omni Smart Cycling Helmet
“When convenience meets protection” is the best way to describe this smart cycling helmet. Here are some of the reasons why:
- The Coros Omni features the company’s bone conduction technology to provide precision two-way audio. Its design lets you listen to phone calls, music, or voice navigation without the need to block your ears to give you ambient awareness and help prevent road accidents.
- The helmet connects via Bluetooth, which allows easier access to your phone’s functions without the need for pesky wires and cables.
- The helmet’s rear has LED lights that provide maximum visibility. Sensors automatically activate the lights when it gets dark.
This device can also keep users safe in cases of emergency. The built-in SOS Emergency Alert detects the impact of a fall and automatically contacts chosen emergency contacts.
3. Bluetooth Beanie Hat
Music and clothes play a big part in the lifestyle of today’s youth. This Bluetooth beanie combines music and style with its built-in machine washable headphones.
- The cable-knit beanie is both soft and warm to provide comfort during the colder months
- Its machine washable earphones can be connected to devices that support Bluetooth.
On standby, its battery can last for up to 240 hours, and it only requires 2 hours of charging time. It also features an easy-to-use control panel that lets users conveniently control their music while they’re on-the-go.
4. Spectacles 2 Water Resistant Camera Sunglasses for Snapchat
These spectacles from Spectacles 2 allow you to make high definition videos of up to 30 seconds even without the need for a camera or mobile phone. Here are some of its other features:
- With just a push of a button, you can take photos in HD.
- Water resistant, which allows it to survive through rain and snow.
- Sync and share function is wireless and will enable you to share photos and videos across your favorite platforms.
- Polarized lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection and reduce sun glare to protect your eyes.
- USB charging cable charges and syncs videos at the same time. You can upload up to 70 videos in one charging session.
5. Motiv Smart Ring
The Motiv ring can be an amazing accessory, fitness tracker, and can even help protect you online. Here are some of its features:
- The ring’s fitness tracker tracks your heart rate to tell you how hard you’re working while you exercise. It can even automatically detect when you’re asleep or awake.
- The ring can act as an extra layer of security via 2-step verification and only requires a gesture to use. It also uses biometric data for security.
- The Walk ID feature knows how you walk as it is unique to every person and it uses your movement to verify identity.
The ring has a titanium shell making it stylish, light, and very durable. It is also waterproof up to 165 feet or 50 meters, which comes in handy if you’re the outdoorsy type.
Charging takes 90 minutes, and the battery lasts for three days. It also comes with a small charging dock that can fit any USB port.
6. Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset
This device functions as your own personal big screen, thanks to its state of the art 3D graphics and crystal clear optics. With it, you can have a movie theatre experience watching your favorite streaming platforms anywhere. Here are some of the things that make it unique:
- Spatial audio drivers provide an immersive experience with dramatic sound quality to reinforce the movie experience.
- You can even use this headset as a better way of interacting with friends and family from long distances. The crystal clear view will make it feel like they’re actually there with you.
- No wires, phone, or PC needed to use this device, which means it’s extremely portable and can be used anywhere.
You can also use it to access social media and play games. The controller makes watching and navigating quick and easy, and the high-quality graphics make it seem like you have your own personal portable movie theater.
7. Under Armour HOVR Sonic Connected
The Under Armour HOVR Sonic Connected running shoes are comfortable and light and will see you through many miles. But that’s not all: they’re digitally connected to help your workout. Here are some ways how:
- Under Armour’s record sensors analyze, track, and store almost every running metric across the board to help you improve on your fitness goals.
- Under Armour HOVR technology gives a zero gravity feel that helps eliminate step impact, and the compression mesh foam feature is designed to give energy back.
- The material of the upper part of the shoes is breathable and dries fast, while its compression fit delivers comfort and directional strength to help you go long distances.
A fitness tracker and amazingly comfortable shoes all-in-one make this Under Armour product the perfect workout companion.
8. MonBaby Breathing and Movement Baby Monitor
You can attach the MonBaby smart button to any of your baby’s clothing and it monitors sleeping, falls, stomach, breathing and other unusual activities your baby might be experiencing. Here are some of its smart features that can help ease your fears about your little one:
- Its snap-on design allows continuous monitoring even when you change the baby’s clothing and keeps it from falling off easily. All you have to do is to attach the smart button to your baby’s clothes.
- The smart button will not wake or disturb your baby because it has no vibration, light or sound while it monitors your baby. All alerts go directly to your smartphone for convenience.
9. Buddy Tag
The buddy tag is a child-tracking device that is worn as a bracelet to keep an eye out for kids. Here are some of the features it offers:
- The app alerts you if and when the child wanders off, and will also send emails from the last location.
- The Buddy Tag is also waterproof and will send alerts if the child falls in a body of water.
- It’s secured with a locking coin-screw which prevents easy removal. It’s powered by a coin-sized battery that can last over a year and requires no charging.
- The app that goes with the device is completely free to use.
Learn these best wearable technology in fitness gadgets in this video from Gadgets Review:
Wearable technology combines fashion, tech, and all of the benefits these two bring. These gadgets are here to make life easier and keep you safe. Think about what you need and do your research — chances are there are already wearables available in the market to help you. We hope this list has helped you understand more about wearable tech and which gadgets suit your needs and preferences.
What are your thoughts about wearable technology? Which piece of wearable technology on this list are you interested in getting? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
- Most Anticipated Gadgets of 2019
- Get Ready For An Onslaught of Android Wear Devices
- 13 Top Reviewed Wireless Headphones on Amazon