Installing smart light bulbs in your home is probably the smartest thing you can do. Take command of your home lighting according to your mood and your needs. Even when you’re away from home. We listed some of the smart bulbs you can purchase on Amazon. Take your pick.
7 Smart Light Bulbs for Your Home
1. Philips Hue White Ambiance A19 LED Smart Bulb
The Philips Hue A19 is arguably the simplest to use amongst all the smart light bulbs in the market today. Just screw it in like any other regular light bulb. Download the Hue app on your smartphone, and you’re good to go. It connects via Bluetooth as you control the lighting on your smartphone. You can also control the lighting via voice commands by connecting it to an Alexa device.
Other features are:
- Up to 50,000 choices of white shades.
- Control up to 10 smart light bulbs in a room.
- Up to 50 smart bulbs across your home with the use of a Hue Hub.
- Last for 25,000 lifetime hours.
- This 9 watts light bulb has a 3-year warranty.
2. Sengled Smart Light Bulbs
The Sengled Smart light bulb can offer up to 16 million colors and has a color temperature of 2,000 to 6,500 Kelvin. It requires a hub and can control up to 64 smart bulbs. It can also be activated with voice commands or via the Sengled app.
Other features are:
- Compatible for iOS and Android.
- Compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa.
- It has a “”Wake Up & Sleep”” mode where the lights slowly brighten or dim depending on the time of day, simulating sunrise and sunset. This helps you sleep or raise up more naturally.
- It has a 30-day money back guarantee.
- A 3-year warranty. Plus, a local professional customer support service.
They also have the Sengled LED Multicolor Starter Kit with Hub included.
3. SENGLED Solo RGBW Bluetooth
If you want a larger bulb with higher wattage, the 60-watt Sengled RGBW is the one you need. Another excellent feature for this is the built-in Hi-Fi speaker, which is great for music lovers.
SEE ALSO: Must-Have Smart Home Devices | Noobie
It has a Rhythm Mode that allows the light to sync with the beat of your music. You can control the sound and the light using the Senled Pulse App.
Other features are:
- Compatible with Alexa devices.
- You can choose from 16 million colors.
- It has a sleep timer feature that emits a single color and plays music to help you fall asleep after a hard day’s work.
- Just twist it in an E26 socket and play.
4. LIFX + A19 WiFi Smart LED Light Bulb
If you need a light that works well with your security system, this LIFX WiFi LED light bulb is the right one for the job. It gives a whole lot of a difference with extra infrared lights in your bulb to aid existing infrared lights on your security cameras.
It can light up the far end part of your video for a clear image. Trespassers won’t even notice it. More features are:
- It automatically turns on infrared lights when darkness kicks in.
- It’sIt’s an 11-watt bulb that can be dimmable.
- Emits a 9000 Kelvin multicolor feature.
- Matches with Alexa with a 2-year warranty
5. Aukora 12W Motion Sensor Light Bulbs
Another great pair for your security cameras is the Aukora Smart Bulb. It has a PIR motion sensor at the tip of the bulb. It automatically floods the area with a 100-watt equivalent at a distance of about 8 to 10 feet.
This will indeed send intruders scampering like roaches. It then shuts down if there is no motion detected after 45 to 60 seconds.
Other notable features are:
- The sensor turns on and off automatically at dusk and dawn, respectively.
- Doesn’tDoesn’t turn on during the day even when in the detecting motion range.
- For a more specific area of detection outdoors, you can use the Aukora Light Bulb Extender.
6. Philips Hue White Outdoor PAR38 13W Smart Floodlight
One particular option that the Philips PAR38 Smart Bulb has is the Geofencing feature. You can preset your lights to turn on before you get home and to turn off as you leave.
The feature works at a particular range by connecting with the GPS on your smartphone. This is one secure way to light your way when you get home. No unwanted guests are jumping out of the dark as you step out of your car or enter your home.
- This 14-watt smart floodlight works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit.
- It’s made up of weather-resistant material.
- It has a 3-year warranty.
- It can last up to 25,000 hours.
7. Wyze 800 Lumen Smart Home Light Bulb
Are you on a vacation or spending time with relatives and worried about burglars finding out? The Wyze Smart Bulb has an “Away from Home” feature that mimics someone’s “home.” Lights turn on and off in random parts of your house.
- No hub needed.
- Works with Google Assistant and Alexa.
- You can tune the white temperature from warm white to daylight.
- Dimmable 9.5 watts bulbs which can be controlled via Wyze App or voice control.
- Automated on/off when you open a door with the use of the Wyze Sense. No need to fumble for the light switch anymore.
Why Install Smart Lights at Home?
Other than personal preferences, you can use your smart bulbs to help you by:
- Conserve energy by turning off the light when you leave the room, and no one is present. Or probably the light adjusts accordingly by contemplating with natural light in the room.
- Convenience by turning off the light in the living room while you’re already in bed.
- If your family loves watching movies, you can even sync these lights with it for a more cinematic experience.
- Set it according to your smartphone’s alerts as you receive a text or get a call with flashing colors.
- Some lights with the aid Smart gadgets can change colors based on the current weather, thermostats, security cameras. Thanks to the IFTTT feature.
Smart light technology is adapting to the needs of the people at a very fast pace. So don’t be left behind. Be smart about it, and upgrade your home now.
Do you know other smart bulb features that we missed? Let us know in the comments section below.