These outdoor survival gear will guarantee you’ll get out of the woods safe and sound without digging too much into your funds. Keep reading to find out more.
11 Must-Have Tools from the Outdoor Survival Gear Store
1. Go Time Gear Life Tent Emergency Survival Shelter
In an emergency, you’ll need a survival shelter you can set up quickly, and the Go Time Gear Life Tent Emergency Survival Shelter fits the bill. This outdoor survival gear’s polyethylene material protects against rain, heat, and snow so you can stay snug against extreme weather outdoors under its waterproof sheets.
- Two-person tube tent
- Durable, tear-resistant and weather-resistant
- Its reflective interior retains up to 90% of body heat.
- It’s reusable and folds up into a Nylon stuff sack.
- Features a bright orange color to maximize visibility to rescuers
- Also comes with a 120-decibel emergency whistle and Para-Synch Technology paracord drawstring utility rope that will be useful to signal for help during emergency situations
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 3.6 x 6.3 in.
- Weight: 8.7 oz.
- Material: 28um polyethylene
2. Gold Armour Camping Cookware Mess Kit
The Gold Armour Camping Cookware Mess Kit will provide you the cooking tools and utensils you’ll need to enjoy a great meal in the woods. With this kit, you won’t have to settle for just canned or dehydrated food.
- Comes with:
- Mini stove with Piezo ignition
- Hard anodized aluminum nonstick pot (1-liter capacity)
- Nonstick frying pan
- Pan cover
- 2 BPA-free bowls
- BPA-free soup spoon
- Rice ladle
- Loofah sponge
- Nylon bag
- Fire starter
- Can be conveniently stored in a mesh bag
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 6.8 x 6.3 in.
- Weight: 1.6 lbs.
3. Proster Rechargeable Walkie Talkies
These professional-grade Proster Rechargeable Walkie Talkies will outlast the elements, thanks to their durability. They’ll help you stay connected with your companions in case they wander off from the basecamp while searching for help.
- Ideal for outdoor activities like biking, camping, and hiking
- Supports long-range contact of up to two miles
- Dimensions: 1.2 x 2.3 x 4.5 in.
- Weight: 1.25 lbs.
- Channel: 16 Channel
- Tips: DCS and CTCSS
- Accessories included: Original earpiece, USB charger, antenna; belt clip; sling
- Charging: USB Charger; Separate Battery Charging
4. Magnos Somnia Emergency Paracord Bracelets
The Magnos Somnia Emergency Paracord Bracelet wraps around your wrist and unwraps into an emergency cord or gadget for fishing, laying traps, tying, or restraining something. It’ll give you a flint, a whistle, and a compass — essentials you’ll need when you can’t find your way back from the wild.
- Available in five colors
- Can be used in more than 20 survival tasks, from repairing broken equipment to making an arm sling
- Weight: 0.6 oz.
- Material: Paracord
5. Pro-Knot Knot Tying Kit
Rope knot tying skills have a lot of applications in the great outdoors. The Pro-Knot Knot Tying Kit will train you on how to make 20 essential knots in the safety of your own home using cards.
- Features waterproof plastic cards so you won’t be worried about bringing them to your next outdoor adventure
- Can teach universally used knots for survival, boating, and outdoor activities that use rope
- Kit includes the plastic card set, carabiner, and practice rope
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 3.7 x 0.8 in.
- Weight: 1.6 oz.
- Language: English
6. Outdoor Gear Professional Boy Scout Compass
Any outdoorsy person would appreciate a trusty Outdoor Gear Professional Boy Scout Compass to help them determine their position on a map when GPS is unavailable. It comes with a magnifying glass, ruler, and scales for exact scaling and measurement while navigating unknown terrain.
The compass may look like one of those outdoor gadgets that are meant for kids, but it’ll help you find true north and establish a way back to civilization.
- Fluid housing and precise inclinometer
- Includes baseplate with a magnifying glass, ruler, scales, and lanyard
- Weight: 1.6 oz.
- Base Plate material: Acrylic
7. Starlight Mountain Outfitters Hammock
The Starlight Mountain Outfitters Hammock will provide you with good sleep once you attach the carabiners to trees. The hammock slides out easily from a bag and can substitute for a makeshift shelter in case you don’t have a tent with you.
- The Single can accommodate one person, while two people can share the Double
- Holds up to 800 lbs.
- Available in eight colors
- Dimensions: 9 x 4.5 in. (single), 10 x 6 in. (double)
- Weight: 13.3 oz. (single), 17.9 oz (double)
- Material: 210T parachute nylon
8. Outdoor Pro Gear Lighthouse Beacon 1000 LED Headlamp
The Outdoor Pro Gear Lighthouse Beacon 1000 LED Headlamp allows you to walk around in dark places while keeping your hands free, unlike using a flashlight. You can rotate a dial in this outdoor survival gear to zoom in on something or zoom out for precise or wide-area lighting.
- Features three straps that can be adjusted for comfort and for proper sizing
- Three lighting modes — high, low, and strobe
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 4.2 x 2.1 in.
- Weight: 4 oz.
- Material: Aluminium Alloy
- Power Source: 3-AA batteries (included)
- Type of Bulb: LED
- Luminous Flux: 1000 lm
9. DealBang Compact LED Camping Light Bulbs
Lighting prevents accidents at night and discourages wild animals from entering the site. One tool that can help out with this is the DealBang Compact LED Camping Light Bulbs, which can be hung inside the tent or on a branch while you’re cooking for better visibility.
They’re hardy though, and they’ll serve you well for everything from camping time to helping signal searchers where you are in case you end up really lost.
- Ultra-portable & Light-weight LED Tent Light Bulb
- Three lighting modes — high, low, strobe
- Wide Angle & Soft Light Illumination
- Anti-falling D-Clip Hook Attached
- Weight: 75 g.
- Maximum Brightness: 150 lumens
10. EtekCity Water Filter Straw
By now, you probably know you only have three days to survive without clean drinking water. A stick of the EtekCity Water Filter Straw will extend your survivability by its ability to filter as much as 1,500 liters of water.
- Filters water through three stages that removes even particles as small as 0.01 microns
- Removes bacteria, parasites, and microplastics
- Reduces chlorine and bad taste
- Weight: 2.08 oz.
- Filter Capacity: 1500 liters
11. Don’t Die in the Woods Emergency Blankets
These Don’t Die in the Woods Emergency Blanket stay true to its brand name because it can keep you snug against very cold weather. One pack provides four extra-large thermal blankets will stave off hypothermia.
- Ultralight and compact
- Larger than standard foil blankets by 3%
- Includes four 5×7 in. double-sided blankets
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 oz.
- Material: NASA-designed Mylar
Check out the top outdoor camping gear you must own in this video from Survival Gear:
Noobie selected these outdoor survival gear for their innovation and their price. Everyone should be able to buy any of these products because their design and features can save lives in far-flung places and possibly yours too.
Do you have outdoor survival gear you’d like to recommend to fellow Noobie readers? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Hey Alexa, Get These 21 Kitchen Appliances On Amazon
- Best Vlogging Cameras On Amazon
- The Ultimate Smart Home Systems Buying Guide
Pricing Disclaimer: Prices on this list are subject to change without further notice based on price fluctuations on Amazon. Please refer to the links for actual prices. All prices on this list are accurate as of June 17, 2019.