Planning to have some outdoor time with the family and need kids’ camping gear? Keep reading for a list of some of the best camping gear for kids you shouldn’t forget on your next trip!
Kids’ Camping Gear Must-Haves
1. Abco Sport Pop Up Tent
The AbcoSport Pop Up Tent is a great option for a portable tent because of its ease of use. It’s easy to set up and pack up once you get used to it.
It also comes with a carrying bag, making it convenient for adults and kids alike to carry around.
- Has UV protection
- You can fold it to make it more compact when not in use.
- Has two windows with a breathable design
- Has double-layered doors for security
- Built for heavy-duty use
- Dimensions: 88.6 x 47.2 x 37.4 in.
- Weight: 3.7 lbs.
- Capacity: Fits 1 to 2 persons
2. MalloMe Camping Sleeping Bag
The MalloMe Camping Sleeping Bag ensures a comfortable sleep for you and your kids whether you’re out in chilly or hot weather. It rolls up into a sack when not in use, and you can compress it to make more room for your other camping gear.
- Has a waterproof shell
- Easy to clean
- Has two size options — single and double
- You can open the bottom of the sleeping bag to let your feet breathe.
- Has velco straps for added security
- Weight: 4.2 lbs.
- Dimensions: 31.5 x 86.6 in.
3. Osprey Ace 50 Kids’ Backpack
Taking your kids camping or having them join organized camping trips is a good way to teach them how to pack only what they will need. Good thing the Osprey Ace 50 Kid’s Backpack has enough room for all your kids’ camping essentials.
Its ergonomic design allows the user to carry up to 15% to 20% of their body weight with ease. Even while hiking, they can easily access their snacks and drinks through the backpack’s pockets.
- Allows the user to stabilize their load with compression straps
- Provides easy access to often-needed items
- Comes in three size variants — the Osprey Ace 38, 50, and 75
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Dimensions: 26 x 12 x 13 inches
- Inclusions: Removable rain cover to protect your bag and belongings, daisy chain attachment, sleeping bag straps, hipbelt, zippered hipbelt pockets
- Has adjustable compression straps
4. Columbia Kids’ Youth Newton Ridge Hiking Boot
If you want a sturdy pair that will last long after your kid’s camping trip, go with the Columbia Kids’ Youth Newton Ridge Hiking Boot.
It’s made from 100% textile and leather and has waterproof features. It also has rubber soles to provide extra comfort.
- Performs well when hiking in muddy or snowy areas
- Lightweight when in use
- Has two size options — the Little Kid for 4 to 8 years old and the Big Kid for 8 to 12 years old
- Sizes: Little Kid (4-8 years ) and Big Kid (8-12 years) sizes available
- Colors: Cordovan and Golden Yellow, Black and Mountain Red
5. i play. Flap Sun Protection Hat
Being out in the sun for long periods of time can cause sunburn, so don’t forget to include sun protection in your kids’ camping gear. The i play. Flap Sun Protection Hat is a perfect fit for toddlers and young children, making it a good toddler camping gear staple.
It’s made from 100% polyester, ensuring it’s breathable even under hot weather. Also, no need to worry if your child is energetic since you can tie this sun hat to their chin.
- Provides ultraviolet protection (UPF 50+)
- Has a back flap to protect the back of the neck from sunburn
- Sizes: 0-6 months, 2T/4T, 9-18 months
- Colors: Aqua, Gray, Hot Pink, Lavender, Light Blue, Light Pink, Navy, Royal Blue, White
6. White Sierra Youth Trabagon Rain Shell
The 100% polyester-made White Sierra Youth Trabagon Rain Shell fits both kids and adults. You can also fold and pack it into its front pocket so it doesn’t take up extra space in your bag when traveling.
- Waterproof and made with TEFLON fabric protector
- Adjustable hood with chin guard
- Adjustable wrists
- Useful as a windbreaker
- Sizes: XX-Small to X-Large
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Pockets: Two mesh inside pockets, zippered front pockets
7. Involve & Evolve Double Insulated Water Bottle
With the Involve & Evolve Double Insulated Water Bottle, you can keep your drink cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12 hours.
It’s made with stainless steel and comes with a straw lid and sports cap. This tumbler is also lightweight and durable, which makes it convenient to carry around anywhere.
- Double-wall vacuum-insulated
- Has 3 interchangeable lids:
- Flip and sip straw lid
- 18/8 stainless steel lid
- Push-pull sports lid
- 12 oz.
- 17 oz.
- 20 oz.
- 25 oz.
- 8 x 3 in. (17 oz.)
- 9 x 3 in. (20 oz.)
- 10 x 3 in. (25 oz.)
- Material: 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
8. Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen Lotion
Protecting your kids from the sun’s harmful rays is extremely important, so always make sure to bring a bottle of sunscreen to any outdoor trip. Pack the Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen Lotion in your kids’ camping gear to prevent them from getting sunburned.
Note, though, that you’ll need to re-apply it every hour and or so if you want maximum protection, as its water-resistance lasts for only 80 minutes.
- Tear-free and sting-free
- Provides SPF 50 protection
- Weight: 8 oz.
- Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 10 in.
9. BUG SOOTHER Spray Family Pack
If you plan to hike or camp out in an area where bugs thrive, don’t forget to bring a bug spray, such as the BUG SOOTHER Spray Family Pack. It’s an effective repellent against gnats, sand fleas, fruit flies, mosquitoes, and more.
- Made from natural ingredients and essential oils
- 100% DEET-free
- Suitable for kids, adults, and even pets
- Doesn’t leave an oily residue
- 1-8 oz. bottle
- 1-4 oz. bottle
- 1-2 oz. bottle
- 1-1 oz. bottle (free)
- Ingredients: Lemongrass Oil, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Vanillin, Soya Lecithin, Vitamin E and water
10. ZeroHour Camping First Aid Kit
Another must-have in your kids’ camping gear is a first aid kit. The ZeroHour Camping First Aid Kit contains medical supplies essential for emergencies.
Despite its abundance of supplies, this medical kit is still lightweight and it’s perfect for individual or family use. It’s waterproof, floats on water, and the supplies are safely sealed in watertight laminated pouches.
The ZeroHour Camping First Aid Kit’s inner sleeves also come with labels, so you know where everything is. Aside from medical supplies, it also includes a fire starter with compass, paracord, and whistle.
- Contains long-lasting and quality medical supplies
- Compact packaging
- Good to have even at home, in the office, or in the car
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.5 x 7.5 in.
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.
- Material: Water-resistant 600D polyester
11. Mini Explorer Nature’s Explorer Kit
If you’re looking for fun camping activities for kids, get them the Mini Explorer Nature’s Explorer Kit. It’s a 9-in-1 package great for developing your child’s fascination for outdoor exploration.
It includes a 4 x 30 mm binoculars, a self-energizing flashlight, a handheld battery fan, a magnifying glass, and a multi-tool with 5 functions. The Explorer Kit comes in a tin can packaging that’s easy for kids to carry around
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 5.2 x 3 in.
- Weight: 1.26 lbs.
Learn the basics of hiking with kids in this video from Kids In Parks:
Camping with kids may not be the easiest task, but it sure provides a great way for them to enjoy nature. When you plan for your next trip, make sure to include these kids’ camping gear must-haves.
You surely won’t regret coming in prepared for any type of camping situation you might find yourself in!
What other camping essentials can you recommend? Share them with us in the comments section below.
- 19 Must-Have Spring Break Travel Essentials
- Location Tracking on Smartphones: How Does It Work?
- 7 New Technology Gadgets You Need for Summer
Pricing Disclaimer: Prices on this list are subject to change without further notice based on price fluctuations on Amazon. Please refer to the links for actual prices. All prices on this list are accurate as of June 17, 2019.