I’ve often thought it would be pretty cool to have a computer right in the kitchen but it’s completely impractical. Cords going everywhere, food all over the keyboard, not to mention the tremendous space it would take up. I don’t know why it never occurred to me the iPad could be the solution to these problems.
It took me stumbling upon this page on Amazon.com to finally realize it.
I mean, think about it. No cords to mess with. The keyboard is part of the screen, which is covered in glass so no food would get stuck in it. And it hardly takes up any space. It’s perfect!
How Would I Use It?
I can easily think of a dozen uses for an iPad in the kitchen but I’ll name just a few here.
- Pulling up recipes while cooking or baking. No more digging through paper-based cookbooks.
- Adding items to your digital grocery list the moment you realize you’re about to run out of something.
- Publicly displaying the household calendar so you never forget where anyone is supposed to be or who is coming to dinner that night.
- Displaying a slideshow of pictures so you can be reminded how much you love your children even if they don’t take their dishes over to the sink or put them in the dishwasher.
- Listening to music. Italian music on spaghetti night anyone?
- Catching up on your favorite shows while waiting for that water to boil. Or following along with a cooking show (is this even possible?)
As I said, I could go on and on. But what I really want to know is if anyone else thinks having an iPad in the kitchen is a great idea. So what do you think? Leave a comment below and let me know.