Do you know how to block emails on Gmail? We’ve all been there. We have messages in Gmail that we wish weren’t there. Unsolicited emails from spammers are probably one of the most annoying things about the Internet. Follow these steps if you want to block someone from your Gmail.
How To Block Emails On Gmail | 4 Easy Steps
Step 1: Open The Message From The Sender
In order to block someone who’s been sending unwanted emails, you need to check one of the messages sent to you. If your inbox is flooded with many other messages, just search for the person’s name in the box at the top area.
Step 2: Click The “More” Menu Button
Next, click the “More” menu button. It looks like an arrow or triangle that points downward. It’s found next to the “Reply” button.
Step 3: Choose The Option “Block” And The Sender’s Name
One of the choices is “Block” and the sender’s name or the email address you want to block messages from.
Step 4: Confirm
You can now click “Confirm” to immediately block an email address, a company, or a person you’re receiving unwanted emails from. You will stop receiving emails from the blocked person or address.
Unblocking A Sender
There are two ways to unblock a sender. First is to unblock the sender with a message and the second way is to unblock a sender without a message.
Unblocking A Sender With A Message
If you want to receive messages from the person again, you can unblock the person anytime. To remove a sender from the blocked addresses in Gmail and have future messages to go directly to the inbox instead of the spam folder here are the steps:
- Open the message from the sender or company you want to unblock.
- Click the arrow facing downward beside the “Reply” button.
- Click “Unblock” and the name of the person.
- Select the “Confirm” button.
Unblocking A Sender Without A Message
If you have already deleted all the messages of the sender and you want to come in contact again, you can unblock him or her with the following steps:
1. Select “Settings” icon in Gmail (⚙).
2. Click “Settings” from the box or menu that has appeared.
3. Go to the option, “Filters and Blocked Addresses.”
4. The names of the blocked senders can be found at “The following senders are blocked.”
5. Choose “Unblock selected senders.”
6. Unblock the sender you wish to receive messages from again.
These easy how-to guide to block emails from your Gmail is a great way to get rid of newsletters you subscribed to but have no interest in anymore.
If you want a detailed tutorial on how to block emails on Gmail, here is a video for you: