Summer is not that bad for seniors if they have the hot gadgets to beat the summer heat. There’s no need for them to fret while going through this hot season. To help them go through the hot weather with ease and to have fun too, here’s a list of summer essentials.
9 Hot Gadgets And Summer Essentials You Can Buy On Amazon For Your Seniors
1. Emerson Quiet Kool EARC6RSE1 6,000 BTU 115V SMART Window Air Conditioner
Seniors are sensitive to extra noise. Instead of taking the much-needed afternoon nap, they surely struggle to sleep with a noisy aircon. If you’re deciding to switch that old clunky aircon with a new one, consider Emerson Quiet Kool.
- Flexible options: auto mode, cool, dry, and fan
- Energy saving money
- Wi-Fi and voice-control enabled which works with both Amazon Alexa and google home
2. Bladeless Cooling Portable Neck Fan
Next on our list of hot gadgets is something for your seniors who love the outdoors yet complain of the sticky sweat on the neck. Having a Bladeless Cooling Portable Neck Fan surely puts a stop not just to the grumbling, but most importantly the discomfort.
- Extra-long battery life
- Not easily drained power
- Fits comfortable around the neck
- 3-speed change
- Long-lasting cooling
- USB rechargeable
3. ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge with Temperature Humidity Monitor
Most seniors have tough times dealing not only with the heat but also with humidity. This concern puts their health at risk. Having a humidity incubator meter ensures proper humidity control to avoid heat cramps, heat edema, heat exhaustion, heat syncope, and other heat-related illnesses.
- Face Icon Comfort Level Indicator
- Portable with Two Mounting Choices
- Data measurements updates every 10 seconds
- Option to select room thermometer displays in Fahrenheit or celsius
- Face Icon Comfort Display: DRY, COMFORT, WET
- Integral-hour alarm function
4. Sodastream Fizzi Sparkling Water Maker (Black) with CO2 and BPA free Bottle
To keep our seniors dehydrated during the summer, keep their water interesting by making it fizzy. This sparkling water maker helps the seniors consume more water compared to those who just drink from the tap.
- 60L Co2 cylinder
- 1L BPA-free reusable carbonating bottle
- Energy efficient
- Powered by Co2 cylinder
- Carbonates up to 60 liters of water
5. NutriBullet NBR-0601 Nutrient Extractor
Smoothies and shakes are the summer staples to beat the heat. It is important that our seniors get a healthy dose of shakes and smoothies. The NutriBullet is one of our hot gadgets that is hailed as one of the very few cool kitchen gadgets that can blend whole foods.
- Powerful 600-watt motor
- Refined nutrient-extraction blades
- Easy to operate
- Hassle-free cleaning
- Product guaranteed built to North American & Canadian Electrical standards
6. Garmin HRM-Pro, Premium Heart Rate Strap
One way to beat the summer heat is to engage in activities rather than staying indoors. In fact, summer is the best season to move around to keep their body and mind in the best shape. They can either go for a walk, jog or run depending on the body’s abilities.
While they can jog, run, or walk, it is also best for them to monitor their heart rate. The next item on our list of hot gadgets is a heart rate strap from Garmin, which is definitely up to the task.
- Track Running Dynamics
- Transmits real-time heart rate data
- Compatible with fitness equipment including other online training apps like Zwift
Note: Though we know the activities mentioned above are good forms of cardiovascular exercises, we strongly suggest consulting your senior’s doctor before you let them engage in these activities.
7. KENTKING Smart Glasses Wireless Bluetooth Audio Sunglasses Open Ear Headset Music & Hand-Free Calling Unisex Polarized Shades
One of the things seniors like to do during summer is to soak up the sun either at the beach or at the park. It’s one way of getting a good dose of Vitamin D which is essential for bone and muscle functions.
Aside from wearing a good amount of sunscreen and staying under a shady spot, it is also wise to wear polarized shades. Now wouldn’t it be cool if your sunglasses came with a wireless Bluetooth audio device, either to listen to music or answer calls hands-free?
- Polarized 400 UV protection
- Long-range Bluetooth 5.0/30ft
- Open ear audio
- Long-lasting battery
TIP: Don’t stay outside during peak periods of heat. When outdoors, wear light-colored and loose clothing.
8. EasyGo Products 14′ Inflatable Mega Movie Screen
Summer is also a time for backyard movie marathons. Seniors love to gather with their family and friends to catch their favorite films. This inflatable movie screen is one of the hot gadgets you can buy for them to enjoy summer.
- Easy to set-up
- Travel friendly
- Comes with inflation fan, storage bag, and tie-downs
9. FINIS Duo Underwater Music MP3 Player with Bone Conduction Audio
Nothing can beat the heat than being in the water. If your seniors love to swim, giving them this underwater music MP3 player will certainly level up their swim workouts or summer activities.
- Bone conduction audio transmission
- 4 Gigabyte storage
- iTunes compatible
- Integrated clip design
Summer is almost here. The higher temperature and higher humidity definitely can take a toll on our seniors’ health. It’s crucial we have the necessary yet cool gadgets in our home and ensure our seniors stay safe whether they stay indoors or outdoors.