Alexa-compatible home gadgets make home automation easy and convenient. Keep reading for a list of these high tech home gadgets you should consider adding to your Amazon cart.
Must-Have Alexa-Compatible Home Gadgets for Home Automation
1. SimpliSafe Essentials’ The Haven
Safety is one of the biggest motivations for why people opt for home automation. For this purpose, SimpliSafe Essentials’ The Haven Home Security System has proven to be the top choice for many.
The Haven sells for a relatively affordable price, considering the built-in functions it offers, such as having four entry sensors, which you can place on doors and windows. It also includes motion sensors and a panic button to ensure all-around protection for your home.
- Features a base station that will quickly alert the SimpliSafe monitoring center for emergencies
- Has a power outage function that allows the system to run on a back-up battery for 24 hours
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, which allows you to use voice commands to check your system and do other tasks
- Dimensions: 12.1 x 4.4 x 12.4 in.
- Item Weight: 7 lbs.
- Inclusions: 1 Base Station, 1 Keypad, 4 Entry Sensors, 1 Motion Sensor, 1 Panic Button
2. Philips Hue Starter Kit
Philips is a pioneer in smart bulbs. Their Hue Smart Bulb Kit can be paired with an Alexa device to allow users to control their lights using voice commands.
With Alexa, Philips Hue bulbs can be turned on or off, dimmed or brightened. Through the Hue app, you can also set the “Coming Home” routine, which will automatically turn on the lights once it detects you’re almost home.
- Easy installation — Simply screw it into place, then pair your Hue Bridge with the Hue app.
- Turn lights on or off using a mobile device whether you’re home or away.
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 2.4 x 2.4 in.
- Weight: 7.2 oz.
- Shape: a19
- Bulb Type: LED
- Wattage: 10 watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Certification: energy_star
- Variations: 2-pack, 4-pack
- Inclusions: Hue White A19 LED bulbs, Hue Bridge
3. Ring Video Doorbell Pro
This smart home gadget lets homeowners know they have visitors and whether those visitors are welcome, thanks to its built-in video system. The Ring Video Doorbell Pro alerts Alexa about sounds and movements outside the front door.
If anyone presses the doorbell, or if the motion sensors detect somebody, the Ring will cause an Echo to illuminate and announce that there’s somebody at the door. Even better, with an Echo Show or Spot, the homeowner will be able to see and talk to the guest via video.
- Can be easily set up in just 15 minutes
- Comes with four faceplates in various colors to match any style
- Dimensions: 4.5 in x 1.85 in x 0.8 in.
- Setup Requirements: Standard doorbell system with 16-24 VAC doorbell transformer (at 30 volt-amps).
- Power: Hardwired to existing doorbell systems (16-24 VAC, 30 VA) or powered by Ring Plug-In Adapter.
- Resolution: 720p
- Field of View: 160° horizontal, 90° vertical
- Audio: Two-way talk with noise cancellation
- Internet Requirements: Requires a minimum upload speed of 1Mbps, but 2 Mbps is recommended for optimal performance.
- Faceplate Colors: Satin Nickel, Pearl, Venetian, and Black
4. Hubitat Elevation Home Automation Hub
A smart home must have a gadget that synthesizes all smart devices in it. The Hubitat Elevation Home Hub fits this role perfectly.
This Alexa-compatible home automation hub pairs well with smart devices such as those from Lutron, Z-wave, Iris, and Zigbee. Although Wi-Fi ready, this gadget doesn’t require an Internet connection to function.
- Compatible with a variety of smart home devices, such as thermostats, sensors, and lights among others.
- Offers Alexa integration through the Hubitat Alexa Skill
- Ensures data privacy since your data is stored locally
- Dimensions: 2.95 x 2.95 x 0.67 in.
- Weight: 12.8 oz.
- Voltage: 120
- Power Source: AC
- Compatible Brands: Aeon, Cree, Dome, Fibaro, First Alert, Innovelli, Iris, Jasco/GE, Kwikset, Levitron, Lutron, Nyce, Philips, Samsung SmartThings, Sonos, Sylvania, Zen, Zooz, among others.
5. Marshall Stanmore II Voice
There’s nothing cooler than a vintage home outfitted with the latest gadgets. For people living in houses aesthetically inspired by the analog era, the Marshall Stanmore II speaker is a must-have.
Although this speaker looks like a relic from the past, it can’t get any more high-tech with its Wi-Fi readiness and Alexa-compatibility. Music control becomes hassle-free with voice commands replacing manual adjustments of knobs and dials.
- Its Alexa Integration means you can play from a variety of streaming platforms. Just ask Alexa!
- You can also link different devices (e.g. multiple speakers) in different rooms wirelessly.
- Dimensions: 13.78 x 7.68 x 7.28 in.
- Weight: 10.4 lbs.
- Amplifiers: 2 15W Class D tweeters and 1- 50W Class D Amp Woofer
- Frequency Range: 50-20,000 Hz
- Power: Plug-in
6. LG 43UM7300PUA Alexa Built-in 43″ 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
The TV from LG boasts of having Alexa and Google Assistant built-in using LG ThinkQ AI technology. This allows this TV to be the central hub of your smart home.
By pressing on the remote, Alexa will be prompted to listen to your voice commands for a variety of tasks, including going over your schedule for the day, answering questions, and can even control other smart home devices. And of course, beyond all this, it still offers impressive features you’d want in a TV, such as 4K Active HDR and Ultra Surround sound to elevate your viewing experience.
- Has a beautiful, sleek look that will look great in any home
- Comes with a smart remote that can be used in a variety of ways, such as managing other devices and for voice commands
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 38.3 x 24.8 in
- Weight: 17.6 lbs.
- Display Size: 43 in.
- Display Type: LED
- Connectivity Technology: HDMI (3 ports), Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wireless, USB
- Resolution: 4K
- Refresh Rate: 60 hertz
7. Arlo Q
The Arlo Q is a no-nonsense indoor security camera. It has a simple design, matched with straightforward but dependable functions.
This easy-to-use security camera can be used in a variety of ways, from keeping an eye on your property to even working as a baby monitor. With Alexa, Arlo Q can transfer live feed through the Amazon Echo Spot and Amazon Echo Show.
- Great video quality, even at night, because it also features night vision
- Offers seven days of FREE Cloud recording
- Two-way audio (speaker and built-in mic)
- Remote video access
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 6 x 4.9 in.
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Resolution: 1080p
- Motion Detection Range: Up to 50 ft.
- Wireless Range: 300 ft.
8. Schlage’s Encode
Schlage’s Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is as stylish as it is dependable and comes with a built-in alarm that activates once it detects a security breach.
If the keypad is touched, the device emits a subtle beep. If someone attempts to pry the panel off, the device lets out a loud noise.
Aside from Alexa, Encode is also pairable with Ring devices and Google Assistant.
- Easy installation (Snap ‘n Stay Technology)
- Onsite/offsite activation
- Built-in alarm technology
- Fingerprint resistant
- Optional voice control
- Holds 100 codes
- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 3. 5.5 in.
- Item Weight: 2.8 lbs.
- Batteries: 4 x AA
- Battery Cell Type: Alkaline
- Color: Satin Nickel
- Style: Camelot Trim
- Finish: Satin
9. Govee’s Minger DreamColor Lightstrip
If you’re looking for cool home gadgets to help you get creative with your home, check out the Minger DreamColor Lightstrip. This product measures 16 ft. and has miniature LED bulbs in various colors.
With its adhesive back, portions easily stick on wherever they’re needed, from door frames to banisters. Using Alexa, you can simply use your voice to perform a variety of tasks such as turning the lights on and off, adjusting brightness, changing its colors, and even color-sync with whatever music is playing.
- Dream-like visual effects
- Wireless control sans distance limit
- Easy installation
- Weight: 1.1 lbs.
- Material: Plastic
- Number of Lights: 150
- Bulb Type: LED
- Voltage: 12
- Wattage: 24
Learn the top best smart home tech in this video from TechGumbo:
Home automation via Alexa-compatible smart home gadgets makes it easy for anyone to fully automate their home. A house that’s completely automated offers various conveniences, including improved safety and comfort, that will prove priceless in the long run.
Invest in the home automation gadgets featured in this list and experience the difference for yourself.
Do you live in an automated home? If not, what are some of your hesitations about it? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
- What Is Zigbee Automation And How It Works
- What Is Home Automation & How It Works | Noobie
- Bug Zapper: How Does It Work And Which One Should You Get?