Is the GoFish cam worth adding to your tackle box? Keep reading to find out below!
In this article:
- How Does it Work?
- GoFish Cam Features
- GoFish Cam Specifications
- Benefits of the GoFish Cam
- What’s in the Box?
- GoFish Cam Reviews
A Quick Review of the GoFish Cam
How Does it Work?
Having eyes underwater to improve your overall fishing experience is totally possible with the GoFish Cam. Simply connect this wireless underwater camera system to your fishing line to have the much-needed in-water visuals sent to your mobile phone. You can use it to record and share awesome underwater moments or gather intel of waters you’re about to take on.
GoFish Cam Features
- Cast and Retrieve — GoFish Cam’s small size can help you cast perfectly. At 11.5 cm long and being pre-weighted to an optimized 94g (no added weights necessary), it’s perfect for smallmouth bass, pike, and even larger saltwater fish.
- Trolling — Bait your fish lines for the big ones. Thanks to three stabilization fins and its pre-set weight system, you can troll at slow or fast speeds and 1000lbs tension rating for those trophy catches.
- Bottom Fishing — This cam can also help with bottom fishing. Just put it on your rig setup and sink it. Whether you’re rigged up with a sinker for snapper, vertical jigging for striped bass, or drag fishing for flounder, you’ll capture the underwater action like never before.
- Float Fishing — Stream live to your mobile device. With your GoFish Cam Float Accessory, your camera will turn into a bobber that enables you to live-stream the underwater action with a top-down view. (Note that you cannot live-stream when underwater)
- Night Vision — It comes with green LEDs that illuminate to help with deep water, night fishing, and low-light conditions.
- Tough Armor Casing — It’s protected by a rugged military-standard exterior.
- Stabilized Design — Engineered with a hydrodynamic shape for steady recording.
- Impressive Video Quality — Record 1080p videos at 60FPS or 30FPS, and 720p at 60FPS.
- Easy Rigging — Set it up on your fishing line easily and intuitively.
- Fish Normally — GoFish cam works perfectly for all fishing styles.
GoFish Cam Specifications
- Video resolution: 1080p at 60FPS or 30FPS, and 720p at 60FPS
- Lens: 170-degree wide angle
- Connectivity: WiFi and App
- Maximum depth: 150m
- Battery life: 3-hour runtime
FPS Definition: It’s short for frames per seconds. It measures how many frames the screen can display in succession to show motion.
Benefits of the GoFish Cam
1. First Impression: We See it as the GoPro of Fishing
Because of the similarities in the name, one might assume that the GoFish Cam is part of the GoPro family. While it didn’t come from the makers of GoPro, it is essentially the GoPro of fishing.
Like the action camera, GoFish Cam is capable of capturing even in the most extreme of fishing conditions. While it doesn’t have quite the features and strengths of the latest GoPro, it stays true to its purpose — help fishing enthusiasts increase their catch by allowing them to work out fish behavior through videos and capture underwater moments.
Designed to be the perfect fishing complement, its front and rear camera end attachments hook respectively onto the 1 to 2-foot leader line and casting line. It’s also enclosed in a capsule-like casing that comes with a stabilization fin to keep it from spinning.
Of course, to keep up with most action cams today, it’s also HDMI-ready.
2. Has High-Tech Features to Catch Underwater Action
Encased in a tough, waterproof (up to 150m or 492 ft) capsule is a 1080p HD camera equipped with a 170-degree wide-angle lens, an infrared night vision light, and a built-in microphone that works together to give you fishing footage of a lifetime.
To prevent it from spinning and make it follow the bait or lure, it’s created with a stabilizing fin. According to the creators of the device, this fin works best when both sides of the camera are under tension or drag.
This means that, theoretically, you can expect the device to be really stable for action-packed recordings. It works best on a taut line, so it works well with three kinds of fishing styles:
- Trolling — the drag creates tension constantly
- Casting — uses a heavier lure for steadier footage
- Bottom Fishing — the weight should be attached before connecting the camera to the line
RELATED: Best Vlogging Cameras On Amazon
3. Can be Connected via Wi-Fi and Has a Dedicated App
GoFish has a built-in Wi-Fi connectivity feature that can be used with a free app. It lets user review, edit, and upload recordings to social media sites without the need to remove the camera from the line.
Just one downside — underwater streaming isn’t possible yet, but at least replaying videos through the app provides some convenience.
4. Expandable Storage Capacity and Impressive Battery Life
You can capture up to 64GB worth of footage with the GoFish cam. It comes with a microSD slot that accepts up to 64GB memory chips.
One of the most impressive things about this device is its 3-hour battery life. It can definitely last longer than a GoPro. It’s also cool that it comes with a mini USB slot that can be used for juicing up its battery instead of having to remove the battery and charge it elsewhere.
What’s in the Box?
- USB Charger
- (1) Float
- Lens Cap
- The Capsule
- The Camera
- GoFish Cam Manual
The GoFish cam is currently priced at $239.99 on the GoFish Cam website.
GoFish Cam Reviews
How do the people who’ve bought the GoFish cam rate this device? Check out these reviews from Amazon below:
Discover the exciting use of this popular wireless underwater fishing camera in this video from GoFish Cam:
We have to give it to the creators — they nailed the design of this wireless underwater camera system. With its design and top-of-the-line camera technology, it’s obvious the GoFish Cam is a great piece of equipment made with fishing enthusiasts in mind. It’s definitely a great addition to every fisherman’s fishing arsenal.
Do you have any other questions about the GoFish Cam? Let us know in the comments section below!
- GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition: Custom Made For The Outdoor Enthusiast [REVIEW]
- Flexible “Squid” Tripod For Your Smartphone Or GoPro Camera
- 7 Cool Car Gadgets On Amazon