Finding cool gift ideas for smart homeowners can be a challenge, but our list will give you suggestions that will make anyone with a smart home happy.
9 Christmas Gift Ideas For Anyone With a Smart Home
1. Petnet SmartFeeder, Automatic Pet Feeder for Cats and Dogs, Compatible with Alexa
Take a load off and relax while the Petnet SmartFeeder takes care of feeding your pets. Here are some of the things you can manage through the app:
- Food portions and feeding times — SmartFeeder will dispense the correct amount of food at the right time based on your pet’s weight, age, and how active it is. This will especially come in handy if you’re worried about overfeeding your pet.
- Schedule and receive notifications about feedings — By automating feeding schedules, you can rest assured your pet is being fed even when you’re away. You can even set the app to notify you of successful feedings.
- Pet food delivery — Should supplies run low in the SmartFeeder, the app will notify you and can ship more right to your doorstep.
- Go hands-free — This device is compatible with Alexa, so you can go hands-free on your commands. This will come in handy if your furry friend gets hungry while you’re in the middle of doing something else.
This app is compatible with iOS devices running on iOS7.1 or higher and Android devices running on KitKat or higher. The pet feeder features a 5-7 lbs capacity, stainless steel bowl, machine washable food hopper, and a backup rechargeable battery.
2. Neato Botvac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum, Works with Alexa
Cleaning can be a drag, but with Neeto Botvac, it becomes effortless. This smart vacuum cleans floors efficiently with its precision brushes and potent suction. Breadcrumbs, animal hair, and dust bunnies will all be a thing of the past as the machine leaves no trace of them in your home. Here are some of its cool features:
- Obstruction detection — This device detects objects in its way and avoids bumping into them. No need to worry about your vacuum crashing into your antiques.
- Automatic charging — It returns to its charging station automatically so you don’t have to worry whether or not it has power the next time you have to clean the floors.
- Remote connection — Have clean floors even if you’re away from home by controlling the vacuum from its companion app
All you need is a Wi-Fi connection to have clean floors effortlessly. If the recipient has Alexa, they can even connect it to have hands-free control over the vacuum. This is the perfect gift for homeowners with pets and children or those who live alone and have busy schedules.
3. Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LightStrip Plus Dimmable LED Smart Light (Compatible with Amazon Alexa Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant)
This is one of the most creative gift ideas because it can be used and customized in a number of different ways depending on who you’ll give it to. This Philips light strip offers 16 million color options and is flexible enough to be bent and cut, allowing endless possibilities to level up the lighting in one’s home. The recipient can install it on bed frames, cabinets, and even in home bars to add that “wow” factor to any room. It can be controlled wirelessly with a smart device, or even hands-free with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant.
4. Behmor Connected Customizable Temperature Control Coffee Maker, Compatible with Alexa
It can be hard to get up in the morning without a cup of coffee. Thankfully, this Behemor coffee maker is here to save your mornings, and will definitely be a welcome addition in any caffeine-loving smart homeowner’s home.
This smart coffee maker can automatically brew your favorite cup of coffee just as you’re waking up. You can do all of this by setting and saving your preferences in the free Behmor app which is available for both iPhones and Android devices. It’s compatible with Alexa, allowing voice commands for your convenience. The best part is that Behmor can connect to Amazon Dash to automatically order your coffee beans when they run low.
5. Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery (2nd Gen)
Building a smart home is not just about the more flashy devices and smart home systems. Give your loved ones a practical, yet lifesaving device for their smart home with this Nest smoke and carbon monoxide alarm.
The alarm sends alerts to the homeowner’s phone detailing what the issue is. Whether it’s carbon monoxide in your room or smoke from burnt toast from the kitchen, you’re going to know exactly what’s going on. It’s also less annoying compared to more traditional alarms. When the battery’s low, other alarms emit annoying sounds, while Nest gives you clear alerts on your phone. It also regularly self-checks and can be remotely tested for your convenience.
6. Echo (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker With Alexa – Charcoal Fabric
Echo connects with Alexa to help you manage your daily activities without lifting a finger, including:
- Making coffee — when connected with a smart coffee maker
- Dimming the lights — when connected with smart lights
- Locking doors — when connected with smart door locks
This voice-controlled speaker can also make calls, send and receive messages, play music, and is equipped with seven microphones along with beamforming technology to enable it to hear you from across the room even as the music plays. One of the best features of this device is the ability to play music anywhere in the house that has Echo-compatible devices. You can play the same song or different songs for each room. All in all, this is an amazing device that can revolutionize anyone’s home.
7. TP-Link Kasa Mini Outlet Smart Plug, Wi-Fi, Works with Alexa, Only Occupies one Socket (HS105),Wall-Light, Electronic-Component-Switches, 1-Pack
Do you always have that nagging feeling that you left something on in your house? This smart plug from TP-LInk will make that a thing of the past. Smart plugs can make normal appliances into smart devices that can be controlled by a tablet or phone via Wi-Fi. All you need to do is plug it into an electrical outlet and then plug your device into the smart plug. From there, you can use the Kasa app to control it. It is also compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant for hands-free operation.
Aside from giving the homeowner peace of mind, this smart plug can also be used to secure your home and keep thieves at bay. If nobody’s home for the night, turn on the lights to make it appear as if someone’s home.
8. August Smart Lock Pro, 3rd generation – Silver, Works with Alexa
Give the gift of safety and convenience with the August Smart Lock. This device allows you to lock and unlock doors using your phone — no keys required! It also allows you to permit access to friends and family while giving you the option to adjust how long they have access for. The device’s DoorSense technology will always let homeowners know once a door is closed and secured.
9. Tivoli Audio Model One Digital FM/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Radio (Walnut/Gray)
This modern radio fuses a retro look with new technology to bring you a modern radio experience. It combines audio quality, style, and technology. This radio gives you free rein for control by giving you the option between using the radio controls, such as the old-school iconic knob, or wirelessly through the Tivoli Audio Art app to change songs, volume, and stations. This stylish digital radio, with its warm walnut and gray finish, will certainly look great in a modern home.
Check out this video from CBS News:
There are many cool gift ideas for smart homes to choose from, but remember that people will really appreciate gifts that make their lives easier. Choose the devices that your loved ones will really find useful and value-adding in their smart home. We hope you’ve found some ideas on this list to help you get started on your holiday gift shopping!
Which smart home device on our list has caught your eye? Tell us why in the comments section below!
- Top 10 Smart Home Automation Systems To Install
- Smart Home Gadgets Perfect As Gifts For Holiday Season
- CHOETECH Qi Fast Dual Wireless Charging Pad | Product Review