Thinking of buying the Fitbit Versa? Read on to see if it’s the perfect fit for you!
In this article:
Fitbit Versa | The Fitness Tracker That Fits Everyone
Benefits of the Fitbit Versa
Sleek and Light Design – One of the reasons people skip on smartwatches is they look tacky. They would rather wear something fashionable and functional than wear something filled with features but hard on the eyes. Fitbit outdid their previous model, the Ionic, in terms of design with its Versa.
The Versa may be just a little wider than the Apple Watch at 39 millimeters, but it weighs just 0.8 ounces. You also have a lot of options for its band. There are different colors of leather bands available for the Versa so you can switch depending on your mood.
Keeps Track of Your Health – Set your personal fitness goals through the Fitbit app and see your status in the watch’s dashboard. You can track your water intake and workout status at a glance at the dashboard. The watch is waterproof, by the way, so it can even track your laps while swimming!
- Sleep Tracking — The Versa can also help you track your sleep, be it a light, deep, or REM sleep. You can get an insight into how your night went and check if you are having the right amount of sleep your body requires.
- Period Tracking — Good news for the ladies out there – the Fitbit Versa smartwatch can now track your cycle! A missing feature to most smartwatches is their lack of insight into the unique needs of women. Cycle tracking is already common in smartphone apps, but not in smartwatches. The Versa addressed this need and now allows women to input their period details and will predict ovulation and fertility as well. It also helps predict when the next period will be.
Music on the Go – Make working out more fun by incorporating music into your routine. Fitbit made it quite easy to play music on the smartwatch. You can easily store songs through a Pandora or Deezer account. If you aren’t subscribed to those media streaming apps, you can simply sync music to your watch through your Fitbit app.
Notifications in a Swipe – Be in touch with all important notifications even when your phone is not in your hands. You can view texts, calls, and calendar notification through the Versa smartwatch. A bonus to Android users is that they can also send quick replies through the Versa.
They also make productive use of the extra display space. It shows workout suggestions based on your feedback. Another cool feature is you get to use your credit card right on your watch. Simply store your card details and you can pay via Fitbit Pay. Now there’s no need to carry your wallet around everywhere you go.
Long Battery Life – Battery life is another reason people skip wearing smartwatches on a regular basis. It can be annoying to keep on charging a gadget you need frequently. One of the simplest, yet most important Fitbit Versa features is its long battery life. It can go uncharged for about 4 days, which clearly surpasses all other smartwatches in terms of battery.
Compatible with Every OS – One of the problems with Apple watches is that it simply won’t appeal to Android or Windows users no matter how great its features are. Even if it has stand-alone features independent from another device, there’s no doubt you would need an Apple smartphone or tablet to maximize the use of the watch. The same is true for other smartwatches that are exclusively compatible with either Android or Windows,
That’s not a problem you’ll have with the Fitbit Versa! Whether you use an Android, Apple, or Windows, the Fitbit Versa can easily sync with it! Its compatibility with all operating systems makes it truly the smartwatch for everyone.
Specifications of the Fitbit Versa
Inclusions per Box:
- Fitbit Versa
- Classic Wristbands — both small and large
- Charging cable
Inclusions in Special Edition Box:
- Fitbit Versa
- Woven wristbands – both small and large
- Classic black wristbands – both small and large
- Charging cable
- NFC chip for Fitbit Pay
Sensors and Components
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 3-axis gyroscope
- Optical heart rate monitor
- Ambient light sensor
- Sp02 sensor
- Vibration motor
- WiFi antenna (802/11 b/g/n)
- NFC (for special editions)
Battery and Power
- 2-hour charge time
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery typically last 4 days
- Operating temperature: -4° to 140° F
- Maximum operating altitude: 28,000 feet
- Water resistant for up to 50 meters
- Not recommended in saunas or hot baths
- Saves 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute
- Saves daily totals for past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at 1-second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5-second intervals all other times
Fitbit Versa syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android & Windows devices using Bluetooth LE wireless technology.
- Syncing range: Up to 30 feet
- Certain features like smartphone notifications may require Android 5.0+. Check your device compatibility.
- Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync dongle in order to sync.
- Syncs with Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, Android 4.3 and later and Windows 10 devices.
- Music control via Bluetooth Classic on Android and Windows devices.
- Music control via Bluetooth LE on iOS devices.
Fitbit Versa Reviews
Learn more about Fitbit Versa in this video from fitbit Europe:
Smartwatches are helpful, but they aren’t very stylish, which why most people just wear them inside the gym or while working out. However, wearing it only during workouts will make its other features irrelevant. With the release of the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch, the company has taken smartwatches a notch higher. With its sleek and fashionable design, compatibility to all operating systems, and an added feature for women’s health, the Fitbit Versa indeed proves it’s the smartwatch for everyone.
What’s your favorite feature of the Fitbit Versa? Let us know in the comments section!
- Track Your Fitness In Real-Time With The Fitbit Flex [REVIEW]
- Using Technology To Achieve Your Fitness Goals [TECH TALK]
- 9 Top Smartwatches For 2018