Will this be the year the Final Fantasy VII remake drops? Here are all the signs that say this highly-anticipated game might be released in 2019. Read on to find out more.
In this article:
- Will 2019 be the Year Fans Get Rewarded?
- How Much of a Revenue Uptick Does Square Enix Anticipate?
- Making the Case for a 2019 Release Date
- Could It Be Something Else?
- What Do We Know About the Final Fantasy VII Remake?
What to Know About the Final Fantasy VII Remake Release
Will 2019 be the Year Fans Get Rewarded?
Fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Final Fantasy VII remake since its announcement in 2015. It remains the most eagerly anticipated games for old fans of the series and newcomers alike.
Will 2019 be the year your patience is finally rewarded?
According to Express, that could very much be the case. More importantly, it could be coming sooner than we think.
One indicator is the latest financial data from Square Enix indicating a massive increase in revenue expected during the third quarter of the financial year. It’s the quarter that takes place between October 2019 and December 2019.
Excited game watchers have their own theories. Many speculate this uptick indicates expected earnings from the release of its Final Fantasy VII: Remake.
How Much of a Revenue Uptick Does Square Enix Anticipate?
Current estimates have the projected earnings for Q3 this year doubling combined earnings of Qs 2 and 3 of 2018. There’s a word of caution though.
There are other possible explanations that could signal the expected uptick in earnings for the company, especially with the anticipated release of Dragon Quest 11 for Nintendo Switch on the horizon as well.
Making the Case for a 2019 Release Date
While the information mentioned above is hard to ignore, there are other indications that 2019 is the year for the long-awaited release. Eager fans are hungry for information about the Final Fantasy VII remake.
Whether you’re a fan of the original Final Fantasy VII game or you’re someone eager to see what all the fuss is about, this game offers nearly universal appeal. The main hope is that it will be worth the wait, introducing the game to a new generation of fans.
Below are a few reasons supporting serious fan hope that the Final Fantasy VII remake release date is imminent.
- There have also been rumors about an Uncovered event planned for April 2019 related to the Final Fantasy VII remake.
- The other hotly anticipated Square Enix game, Kingdom Hearts 3, made its debut in January, fueling speculation that the late year release will be Final Fantasy VII remake.
- With the official release of Kingdom Hearts 3, Square Enix is able to fully focus on getting their Final Fantasy VII remake ready for launch.
- Hints from Square Enix president, Yosuke Matsuda, have further fueled fan fervor. This includes comments about a major game release in late 2019.
- Other executives from Square Enix, Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase, provided two keywords for 2019. “Seven” and “long-awaited.”
For many fans, this turn of events is like an early Christmas present, with the timing of the release making it an ideal gift for those who can wait for the big day to play.
Could It Be Something Else?
Some fans, afraid to get their hopes up, believe this may be the case. There are rumors Square Enix has been working on a major secret project, one for the Marvel Universe.
This project involves the Avengers and is in partnership with the Crystal Dynamics studio, according to Tech News Today.
Considering that the Marvel franchise is valued in the billions, it could explain the expected earnings boost, especially in correlation to the U.S. movie release in April 2019. A subsequent game release could ride on the hype of the movie, creating huge earnings potential for the remainder of the year and beyond.
What Do We Know About the Final Fantasy VII Remake?
Surprisingly, very little. That is the unfortunate truth of the situation.
Aside from a single trailer, we’ve seen very little of the game so far. The plot of the game is expected to remain the same as the original.
However, Tech News Today reports that the game itself is being rebuilt completely. This means you can expect a familiar story with a whole new gameplay experience.
Now might not be the time to schedule your vacation in anticipation of the game release. However, you might want to make sure you’re saving up vacation days just in case the Final Fantasy VII remake release does take place in 2019.
Watch Final Fantasy VII remake trailer in this video from Square Enix:
Although there is a big possibility that Final Fantasy VII remake will be released this year based on the speculations stated, it’s still vague if 2019 is the year for the comeback of the game. We are still finishing the first half of the year, and a lot can still happen in the second half of the year. Who knows?
Do you believe that the Final Fantasy VII remake release will happen this year? Why or why not? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- PlayStation Classic | A First Look At The PlayStation Mini Console
- The Best RPG For Android | Play These Games On The Go
- Do You Need Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
Final Fantasy VII Feature Image Photo by Square Enix