If you love to create videos on YouTube, it’s likely you may also need to learn how to delete a YouTube video. With these 7 easy steps, you can remove an uploaded video quickly.
How To Delete A YouTube Video With These Quick Easy Steps
Common Reasons To Remove YouTube Videos
Before we talk about how to delete a YouTube video, let’s touch on the common reasons why it’s best to do it. You may consider doing it if:
- You want to update your video – This is helpful when you want to provide more or new information in the content. If you’re selling a product, for example, your item may already have a new feature, and you want to show it off.
- You uploaded the wrong video – This mistake is more common than you think. It may still be a raw video or one that’s still in the editing process. It may even not be the intended video. Either way, it should not be on YouTube in the first place.
- You’re using a copyrighted content – Copyright is a big issue in cyberspace simply because it’s so easy for people to use others’ content. Whether the intention is malicious or not, you may have to remove your video because it contains a part (or perhaps the whole video) that belongs to someone else, and that person is already complaining about it.
- Your video is receiving a bad reputation – There’s no doubt YouTube is one of the most popular streaming apps, so you’ll have a couple of viewers. But some videos just don’t sit well with the audience, and that’s fine. What isn’t? If you’re getting a lot of heat from a video. Being talked about on social media isn’t easy, and sometimes the best option is to remove the source, which is your video.
How To Delete A YouTube Video
So what are the steps to remove an uploaded video from YouTube? It’s easy-peasy! Here are the steps:
- Open the YouTube account where you can find the video. You cannot just use any of your Google accounts for this. It should be the one you used to upload the video. If the video has been around for some time and you cannot remember your login details, you can follow these steps on Gmail recovery. Yes, it’s Gmail, but the steps are virtually the same.
- Once you’ve opened your account, you’ll see some recommended videos and tools on the left-hand side of the screen. Find the video upload settings by clicking your profile picture on the upper-right-hand side. It is right beside the notification bell.
- When you click the image, you’ll see a list of menus. Click “Creator Studio.” It should bring you to the dashboard of your videos.
- To learn how to delete a YouTube video, click “Video Manager.” It is on the left side of your screen.
- On the Video Manager, you have three choices: Videos, Playlists, and Copyright Notices. Choose Videos, and you’ll see your uploaded videos on the right side.
- To delete them, press the Arrow Down button on Edit and choose Delete. You will see a prompt that says, “Permanently delete your video? You can’t undo this.”
- If you want to proceed, click “Delete.” Wait for the system to complete deleting the video. You will know that it’s already gone by scrolling your list or checking the video counter on the upper part of the screen.
How To Remove A Video From YouTube That Someone Else Uploaded
Sometimes you come across YouTube videos that are sensitive, controversial, or not right up your alley. You’re wondering about how to delete a YouTube video of this kind. Can you do that?
The answer is no for the simple reason it’s not yours. But you can report it to YouTube to have it taken down. You can also remove it from your playlist. Here are the steps:
- Follow the first three steps above. But this time, click “Playlist” under Video Manager.
- Select the playlist you want to manage by clicking “Edit” on the right side. You will then see the list of videos under the playlist.
- Choose the video you want to delete. Click the three vertical dots on the right side of the video.
- Select Remove.
As mentioned, you’ll need to learn how to delete a YouTube video in case someone claims you’ve committed a copyright infringement. But how do you avoid it in the first place? Get some tips from Video Creators:
Are you ready to be better on YouTube? While there are still so many exciting things to learn here at Noobie, knowing how to delete a YouTube video is a good start.
Why do you need to remove a video from YouTube? Tell us how this tutorial worked for you in the comments below!