It’s human nature to forget things sometimes, but there’s a best reminder app for every purpose. Read on for some of them so you don’t forget.
In this article:
- Best Reminder App for Tasks and To-Dos
- Best Pill Reminder App
- Best Water Reminder App
- Best Bill Reminder App
The Best Reminder App for Every Purpose
Best Reminder App for Tasks and To-Dos
If you’re looking for the reminder app with one of the best user experiences we know today, look no further than with Todoist. Thanks to its simple interface, it never feels overwhelming to use, even if it’s packed with features.
Key Features (Free version):
- See your day and week at a glance with the Today and Next 7 Days views
- Create Projects so you create focused task lists
- Priority options for various tasks
- Set both one-time and recurring due dates
- Smarter date entry
If you pony up some cash for the Premium version ($36.00/year), you’ll get these additional features:
- Time and Location-based reminders
- Commenting options
- Labels to add more context
- Advanced filtering options
- Automatic backups
Pricing: Free Version, Pro Version: $36
2. Microsoft To-Do
Microsoft To-Do bears a striking resemblance to another popular app named Wunderlist upon first glance. This is no coincidence, as Microsoft acquired the reminder app back in 2015 and is slowly integrating its features into its to-do list app.
- My Day: offers users a new to-do list every day with suggested tasks
- Office 365 integration: sync reminders and to-do lists with Outlook
- Color Themes: to give each list its unique look
- Import lists and tasks from Wunderlist and Todoist
Any.Do is yet another stunning reminder app with a rich feature set. Its flagship feature is the “Any.do Moment,” which is a recurring reminder that gives an overview of the tasks on your plate for that day.
You then have the option to commit to a specific task for that day or reschedule it. This instills the habit of checking your to-do list every day and improve time management.
- Do Moment: your day at a glance
- View tasks by category or by due date
- Predictive output: Provide suggestions when typing out new tasks
- Seamless integration with personal assistants like Google Assistant and Alexa
If you decide to fork out for a Premium subscription, you get these additional features:
- Colored labels for better organization
- Unlimited attachments
- Integration with over 1500 apps, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Evernote, Outlook and Slack
- Focus Mode to help you concentrate on specific tasks
Pricing: Free Version, Paid Subscription (Monthly Plan: $5.99, 6-month Plan: $26.99, Annual Plan: $35.99)
The classic Wunderlist is still considered as one of the best reminder apps due to its simplicity and user-friendliness. It allows you to organize various lists no matter how big or small they are.
In April 2018, Wunderlist got rid of their Pro version, making the app’s features free for all users.
- Group lists together in folders to easier organization
- Easily share lists with specific people
- Commenting options for easier list collaboration
- Add anything you find on the Web straight to Wunderlist
- Set reminders and due dates for specific tasks so that no task is forgotten, and no deadline is missed
- Tag lists for easier context and searching
RELATED: Family Meal Planning Made Easy With These 9 Apps
Best Pill Reminder App
Getting your medications at the time you need them is vital in managing a lot of conditions, but we can’t help it when we forget about them sometimes. Here are some apps that allow you to remember when to take your pills much more easily.
5. Medisafe Medication Reminder
This simple app lets you manage multiple medication schedules, thanks to its “multiple profile” option. It also tracks your prescriptions and reminds you when you need to refill them.
- Medication and refill reminders
- Drug Interaction Alerts: get a notification if any of your medications are not safe to be taken together
- Family Scheduling: allows caregivers to be sent notifications in case of a missed dose
- Receive coupons for medication discounts at selected drugstores
- Easier communication with doctors especially with tracking medication
Pricing: Free Version, Premium Version: $4.99/month, $39.99/year
6. Lady Pill Reminder
If you’re on a birth control pill, you probably know that taking it at the same time each day is important to make it more effective. The Lady Pill Reminder app allows you to do just that.
Just put the number of pills in one packet, note when to take them each day, and the app does the rest.
- Daily automatic reminders
- Alert customization: choose the alert tone and other notification options
- Refill reminders: get a notification when you need to buy a new packet
Available on: Android
Best Water Reminder App
Drinking the right amount of water each day keeps your body in its best shape. Here are some of the best reminder apps to help you stay hydrated.
7. Drink Water Reminder
Drink Water Reminder helps you form the habit of drinking water at a set interval throughout the day. Configure what time you wake up, at what time you go to bed, and how often you want to drink water, and this app will remind you at the intervals that you set.
- Water intake calculator based on your gender, weight, and location
- Automatic bed time mode so you don’t get reminders while sleeping
- Shows graphs of your water intake so it’s easier to see the trends in your intake
- Water consumption history
8. Plant Nanny 2
This water intake reminder app allows you to take care of a virtual plant that thrives with every amount of water you take in. Otherwise, your plant would wither and die.
It’s a great app for those who need a bit more extra motivation to stay hydrated.
- Different plants to grow and flowerpots to place your plant in
- Water consumption goals tailored based on body data and physical activity
- Automated reminders
- Tracking of water consumption history
- Extra rewards for regular app use
Best Bill Reminder App
9. Bills Monitor Pro
If you tend to pay your bills late, or you’re looking for a great app to monitor your bills, Bills Monitor Pro is the app just for you. Jut write down all your bills in this app, then you can track them and have them remind you when it’s time to pay them.
- Calendar view
- Automatic reminders for due dates
- Easy marking of bill payments
- Show unpaid bills
- Search bills by name, category, and amount
- Billing history
Available on: iOS
Best to-do list apps for Android in this video from Android Police:
Those are a few of the best reminder apps that are available on iOS and Android today. We hope we helped you find the right app for the things you need reminders for.
What other reminder apps do you use? Let us know in the comments below.
- Need No Interruptions? Customize Notifications For Your Schedule
- Put an End to Annoying Google Calendar Pop-up Alerts
- How Long Could You Draw a Single Line Without Lifting the Pen?