Are you considering using AutoTemptest to buy second-hand cars? Learn what you need to know about this used car finder here!
RELATED: 7 Cool Car Gadgets on Amazon
In this article:
- What Is AutoTempest?
- How Does Autotempest Work?
- Can I Buy a Car on the Site?
- Does AutoTempest Have a Mobile App?
- What Are Some Cons of AutoTempest?
- Can I Use the Site If I’m Still Unsure of Which Vehicle to Buy?
- Can I Use the Site to Buy a Used Car For Sale Near Me?
- Can I Use the Site to Check Insurance Quotes?
- Does the Site Have Information About Shipping?
- Can I Use AutoTempest to Find Deals on New Cars?
- AutoTempest Tips for Used Car Sellers
- AutoTempest Tips for Used Car Buyers
AutoTempest Used Car Finder | Is It Worth Your Time?
1. What Is AutoTempest?
AutoTempest is a search engine to help car shoppers and sellers alike get more information on buying and selling used cars as well as land the best deal. Whether you’re looking to purchase a used car and are unsure of where to buy, what the requirements are, or you’re planning to sell one, this site offers several tools to help you.
2. How Does Autotempest Work?
The site compiles information and car listings from some of the best car buying sites, including Cars.com, Craiglist, eBay Motors, and AutoTrader. Through this information, the site offers several tools and resources to help those interested in used car buying and selling, including:
- Buyer Tools: Compare Insurance Quotes, Get Shipping Quotes
- Seller Tools: “Calculate Trade-In Value” tool, List Your Car
- Research Tools: Car Review Search, Used Car Search, Compare New Car Quotes
- Useful Guides: Used Car Buying Checklist, How to Sell Your Car and Get the Most for It
3. Can I Buy a Car on the Site?
No, all transactions are done externally. AutoTempest simply provides users with a one-stop guide to address all their questions related to buying or selling pre-owned cars.
4. Does AutoTempest Have a Mobile App?
5. What Are Some Cons of AutoTempest?
Here are some areas where AutoTempest falls short:
- As mentioned previously, you can’t buy or sell through AutoTempest. It will redirect you to other sites where you can handle the transactions.
- In some instances, the listings can feel limited because it only displays certain sites. This is because the site can only show listings from specific sites and can’t legally display content from others.
6. Can I Use the Site If I’m Still Unsure of Which Vehicle to Buy?
Yes, definitely! AutoTempest offers tools specifically for people who still haven’t figured out which car suits their needs and wants.
The first thing you have to do is to read their guide called What Car Should I Buy? It includes important considerations for purchasing, including budget tips, how to start researching to get the best deal, and how to use the site in general according to your objectives.
If you’re also picking between different cars, you can use AutoTempest’s Car Reviews Search tool. All you need to do is to enter the make and model of the car you’re eyeing. Then, the site will pull up reviews from around the Internet.
7. Can I Use the Site to Buy a Used Car For Sale Near Me?
Yes, definitely! If you already have a specific car in mind you want to buy and are looking to check if there’s one near you, use the Used Car Search tool on the site’s homepage.
It pulls up a list of cars for sale from different sites based on proximity. All you need to do is input the make and model of the car and identify the proximity (in miles) of the seller based on your zip code.
To make it easier for you to pore through the listings and help you save time, you can even arrange the results based on posting date, distance of seller from your location, price, and mileage.
8. Can I Use the Site to Check Insurance Quotes?
Yes! AutoTempest has a tool that helps buyers compare car insurance quotes. All you have to do is enter your zip code or state, then the site will generate a list of auto insurance providers in your area. From there, the site will redirect you to the company’s website so you can directly ask them for a quote.
RELATED: Audible app update adds “Car Mode”
9. Does the Site Have Information About Shipping?
Yes, the site also includes a helpful guide on how to ship your car and even has recommendations in case you need a car shipper. It also features a shipping calculator powered by uShip that provides estimates for shipping costs depending on vehicle type and the zip codes of the origin and destination.
10. Can I Use AutoTempest to Find Deals on New Cars?
If you’re in the market for a new car, especially with a local car dealer, this site can also help you find good deals in your area. All you have to do is indicate the make and model of the car you’re after and your zip code.
The site will provide you with a list of local dealers near you. After providing them with your contact information, each dealer will provide you with their quotes.
In this way, you can compare competing quotes from multiple dealers without the hassle of contacting or visiting each one.
You can also check out their guides dedicated to buying new cars: How to Find a Good Car Loan — Two Dealership Financing Mistakes to Avoid and Get the Best Price on a New Car With 4 Simple Steps.
AutoTempest Tips for Used Car Sellers
How Do I Find Out My Car’s Trade-In Value?
If you want to sell your used car, you may want to know how much you can sell it for. Go too low, and you’re selling yourself short; too high, and you risk turning buyers away.
AutoTempest has a tool that specifically computes for your car’s trade-in value. To find this out, key in your car’s year, make, model, series, style, color, and mileage.
Don’t forget to use AutoTempest’s “car search” feature to compare this value to the listings for the type of car you have in your area. Also, take into consideration your vehicle’s condition, any modifications you made, and even your car color (rarer colors may be more valuable)
After doing your homework, you should have a rough idea of how much to sell your car for.
Is There Any Way I Can Increase My Car’s Value?
Regardless of how you’d like to sell or trade your car, buyers want the vehicle to look and run as smoothly as possible. Here are some ways to whip your car to its best shape:
- Empty the vehicle: Take off anything you’re not selling with the car. Only leave the necessities, like registration papers, user manuals, and insurance documents.
- Vacuum and wipe the interiors:
Vacuum all cloth surfaces and wash anything you can remove.
- Give the exterior a good wash and shine: A car owner like you would know the joys of a newly-washed and polished vehicle. Don’t forget to do the small stuff like headlights and taillights (and take off those bumper stickers while we’re at it).
If this is too much work for you, just head over to your dealer and take the value they give you. If money is not much an issue, a trip to the professional detailing shop is in order to make your car look good as new.
What Should I Do Before Selling My Car?
Before selling your car, you need to do your due diligence. How do you do that?
- Take the car for a safety inspection: Any car would benefit from a safety inspection check, but this is especially important if you want to sell your car for a rather large value. You’d need to cough up a couple hundred dollars, but the end result is peace of mind and an honest assessment of the vehicle’s condition.
- Replace the tires: If your tires’ treads are getting thin, invest in some new tires. As tires tend to be expensive, remember to account for them in your car’s price.
- Do some basic tune-up: Changing your car’s oil and washer fluid is among the simplest tune-ups you can do yourself. Have any dead bulbs and other odds and ends replaced too.
Of course, if even this is beyond your reach, it’s perfectly fine to sell your car “as-is.” Just be honest with any issues the car has, and your buyer will thank you for it.
AutoTempest Tips for Used Car Buyers
How Do I Know I’m Not Being Ripped Off on a Used Car?
Nobody likes to feel ripped off. Here are some ways to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Consult more than one listing: AutoTempest is one of the largest car search engines on the Internet. The site allows you to search listings from multiple sites at the same time.
- Check the AutoTempest Review Search: Browse through multiple reviews to know the pros and cons of the vehicle.
- Research the market value: Use the search function with as many sites and as wide a geographical area as you can. After running a search, check out the sidebar on the “Model Info” portion for the Kelley Blue Book pricing of the vehicle you’re eyeing.
- Sort your budget and financing plan: Pay in cash whenever you can. Otherwise, make sure your loan’s interest rate is as low as possible.
What is the Kelley Blue Book? The Kelley Blue Book is a vehicle valuation and automotive research company based in California that reports on market prices for new and used vehicles.
What is the First Thing I Should Do When I Buy a Used Car?
Congratulations on finding a car you like! These are the first things you should do before taking your new car out for a test drive.
- Get your vehicle’s history report: These reports don’t cost a lot and contain a lot of information about the car. Find out if it has ever been involved in an accident, or worse, been stolen from someone else.
- Have the car inspected: An inspection would determine if the car in need of any repairs due to hidden issue and spares you from headaches down the line.
Check out one user’s positive experience with using AutoTempest.com in this video from Tavarish:
AutoTempest is a helpful tool if you’re looking for used cars online. It takes the hassle out of the process because you don’t have to visit or contact each local dealership individually just to get the information you need.
When you need to buy or sell a used car, AutoTempest is a great starting point for your search. We hope this article has been helpful to you, and we hope this guide will help you get the best deal in town.
What was the best deal you found on AutoTempest? Let us know in the comments below.
- 9 Ways To Use Your Tech For Spooky Halloween Pranks
- What To Do The Next Time Someone Reaches For Their Phone In The Car
- Mobile Ransomware Attacks Dangerously Increasing
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 18, 2018. It has been updated for quality and relevancy.