Noobie answers your lingering questions about Amazon Kindle Unlimited. Read on to learn what kind of service it is, how it differs from other subscriptions, what benefits it offers, and more.
In this article:
- What is Kindle Unlimited?
- What is the Difference Between Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime Reading?
- Does Amazon Prime Include Kindle Unlimited?
- How is it Different From Audible?
- Who Can Get It?
- How Does Amazon Kindle Unlimited Work?
- What are Its Benefits?
- Where Do You Sign Up for Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
- Is Amazon Kindle Unlimited Really “Unlimited?”
- Is Amazon Kindle Unlimited Worth It?
- How Do I Get Amazon Kindle Unlimited For Free?
- How Do I Gift Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
- Can Amazon Households Share Kindle Unlimited?
- How Do I Contact Amazon Kindle Unlimited Support?
- How Do I Cancel Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
Amazon Kindle Unlimited and Why You Might Need It
1. What is Kindle Unlimited?
It’s a subscription-based service that allows you access to the retail giant’s inventory of books, magazines, and audiobooks. This allows you to gain access to the more than one million titles that come with Kindle Unlimited.
2. What is the Difference Between Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime Reading?
Kindle Unlimited differs from Amazon Prime or Prime Reading in the following aspects:
- Number of Titles: Kindle Unlimited allows you to read more than a million titles while Prime Reading will provide you 1000 titles that you can access for one month.
- Pricing: It costs $9.99 while Amazon Prime Reading comes as one of the freebies with an Amazon Prime Membership, which is at $12.99 per month.
- Content: Among other perks, Amazon Prime will give you access to its video streaming content through Amazon Prime Video while Kindle Unlimited offers only reading materials and audiobooks.
3. Does Amazon Prime Include Kindle Unlimited?
No, since it exists as a standalone monthly service.
You don’t need necessarily have to be a Prime member to access Kindle Unlimited since the latter is a separate subscription service. On the other hand, only those with an Amazon Prime membership can access Amazon Prime Reading.
4. How is it Different From Audible?
Although you can sign up for both using an Amazon account, the two services differ in certain areas:
- Products: You get magazines and audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited. Since Audible built its business on audiobooks, you only get audiobooks there.
- Pricing: Kindle Unlimited charges $9.99 per month while Audible prices its service at $14.95 a month.
- Titles: As previously mentioned, you get access to 1 million titles with Amazon Kindle Unlimited and 40,000 of those are Audible Books. Audible only boasts around 425,000 titles so far.
- Ownership of Content: Amazon Kindle Unlimited allows you to keep your notes and marks on reading materials, but you won’t be able to keep the books after your subscription ends. Audible allows you to keep the audiobooks even after you cancel, so you are effectively buying the books you download from them.
5. Who Can Get It?
Anyone with an Amazon account can get Kindle Unlimited.
6. How Does Amazon Kindle Unlimited Work?
Once you sign-up to the service, you’ll instantly be able to access over one million titles using your Kindle or your Kindle App. To look for books, you just need to go to Amazon.com and search for “Kindle Unlimited” among the departments and start looking for books there.
You can borrow 10 Kindle books at a time. To return any book, you just need to go your Accounts page, go to Your Kindle Unlimited and click on any books you want to return.
7. What are Its Benefits?
Some of the benefits of Amazon Kindle Unlimited include:
- Access to 1,000,000 titles.
- You don’t necessarily need to have a Kindle device to use it. You can access it on any device that has the Kindle app.
- No due dates or late fees on books you borrow.
RELATED: 9 Top Kindle Books Of 2018
8. Where Do You Sign Up for Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
To sign-up, you only need to go to the Kindle Unlimited page in Amazon. You can also go to the “Accounts and Lists” page on Amazon, and go to Kindle Unlimited under the “Memberships and Subscriptions” section.
9. Is Amazon Kindle Unlimited Really “Unlimited?”
Only a million titles so far are offered, but the existing content will give you countless hours of reading enjoyment.
10. Is Amazon Kindle Unlimited Worth It?
It will be worth it if you’re a heavy reader. You can get your money’s worth if you read around two to four expensive titles a month.
11. How Do I Get Amazon Kindle Unlimited For Free?
You can get a month’s subscription for free when you go for their 30-day free trial offer. You’ll be able to see this offer on the Amazon Kindle Unlimited page.
12. How Do I Gift Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
Unfortunately, as of this writing, customers cannot gift Amazon Kindle Unlimited subscriptions yet. Amazon promises to return this particular feature in the future.
13. Can Amazon Households Share Kindle Unlimited?
Amazon Prime allows sharing its benefits among family members with different Amazon accounts via Amazon Household. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case with Kindle Unlimited.
Users can read from multiple devices though, so two people can use one account to read from two separate Kindles, for example. However, this means you’ll have to share your account information with someone else. There’s also a legal concern about using the Kindle Unlimited this way as well.
14. How Do I Contact Amazon Kindle Unlimited Support?
You can get in touch with Amazon Support on their online help form or call the Kindle customer support number at 1-888-280-4364 (toll-free within the US) for local or at 1-206-266-2992 (international call charges may apply).
15. How Do I Cancel Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
- Go to your Accounts page and under the “Memberships and Subscriptions” section, click on “Kindle Unlimited.”
- Click on “Manage your Kindle Unlimited membership.”
- Choose “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership.”
- Finally, select “End Membership on [DATE].”
Learn these top self-development books on Amazon Kindle Unlimited in this video from Bridge the Gap- Becoming Your Best Self:
If you find individual ebook prices too high and are planning to read several books in a month, maybe a subscription service like Amazon Kindle Unlimited will be great for you. It allows access to more than a million books at a fixed price.
After reading all of the answers to these frequently asked questions, we hope you’ll be able to weigh if it’s right for you. These answers can help you maximize the value of the service from the very first moment you sign-up up to the point you decide to cancel.
Will you be subscribing to Amazon Kindle Unlimited? Why or why not? Give us your replies in the comments section below.
- 9 Bestselling Amazon Kindle Books Of 2018
- Kindle Versions Of Books You Already Own [TIP OF THE DAY]
- 9 Best Pet Trackers Available On Amazon