my smartphone likes to make all kinds of corrections to my text messages. it autocorrects spelling mistakes and adds capitalization to the beginning of my sentences.
while i appreciate the corrections to my spelling mistakes (most of the time), i’m beginning to wonder if there’s any point to fixing the capitalization. i mean, with or without the capitalization, my recipients can both read and comprehend what i’m saying.
so many benefits
i mean really, life would go on these days without uppercase letters, right? in fact, think of all of the benefits of an uppercase-less world:
- there would be no more shouting in text messages or email.
- computer keyboards would need fewer keys (no shift or caps lock key).
- typing speeds would increase. no more wasting time pressing shift keys. surely, this would add up to a lot of keystrokes over time.
- no more worrying about those odd mixed case words and names like ipod or mccarthy.
- kids could learn handwriting in half the time. no more uppercase printed or cursive letters. besides, who really knows how to write an uppercase capital q in cursive anyway?
seriously, can anyone give me one good reason why we need uppercase letters any more? convince me in a comment below.
Latest posts by Patric Welch (see all)
- Google Pixel 2 XL: So much fun packed into one smartphone! - January 9, 2018
- Have you tried the Amazon Treasure Truck? - December 8, 2017
- My $10 gift to you this Christmas - December 4, 2017