How to keep your children safe on the Internet [TECH TALK]
Our children are growing up in a world where the Internet is part of their everyday lives. As parents we want them to use the Internet for education and fun but, at the same time, keep them safe from the many dangers of the Internet. Listen as Mr. Noobie®, owner of Noobie.com and Andrea Eldridge, CEO and co-founder of Nerds on Call, discuss what dangers parents should be aware of and what they can do to protect their children on the Internet.
Be sure not to miss the weekly roundup of interesting and fun technology news as well as Mr. Noobie’s® app of the week. This week Mr. Noobie® tells you how you can read Kindle books and other documents on any device, even if it’s not a Kindle.
In our featured product segment, Mr. Noobie® shares a unique Internet browser designed from the ground up to keep kids safe.
If you can not see the embedded audio above please use the following link: How to keep your children safe on the Internet
Links mentioned in this week’s show
- Nerds On Call – www.callnerds.com
- Children’s Edutainment Network – childrensedutainmentnetwork.com
- TUKI – www.tuki.com
- Facebook Graph Search – www.facebook.com/about/graphsearch
- Kindle app – Download from Amazon.com
- Link to photo of Google donkey in Botswana – Google: No, we did not kill a donkey in Botswana
- Mikko Que – www.insightmediaintl.com
- NetNanny – Buy Now and receive 3 months free of Net Nanny Parental Controls
- OpenDNS – www.opendns.com
- My Mobile Watchdog – www.mymobilewatchdog.com
- MobileSpy – www.mobile-spy.com
- Spector Pro – www.spectorsoft.com/products/
- Email questions or feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, leave your question as a voice mail! Call (641) 715-3900 and enter extension 775082#